Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

Stopping to observe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

Galleons : 29

Stopping to observe Empty
PostSubject: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:37 pm

"Hmmm.... interesting" Matthew commented, a slight grin forming. Learning in, he took a closer look at the different types of gizmo's that were on display in the shop window.

He had only took a stroll out of the Leaky Cauldron for a well needed cigarette, when he stumbled across the window of the joke shop that had it's fame among the students. He brought the cigarette up to his lips and felt the glorious smoke in his chest as he stood back and admired the creativity that seemed to shine through these jokes and trinkets.

After a few moments, he contemplated on buying a few. However, the idea of a Professor doing something like that might give the wrong impression. To anyone else, that probably would have been put in a con side of a list. Matthew however, thought that would be placed in the pro.

With a quiet chuckle, he threw the cigarette end on the floor and proceeded to enter the shop doorway.
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

Galleons : 100

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:22 am

Marietta skipped toward the joke shop, in hopes to find something that Averie may enjoy. Considering that practical jokes was one of the things that kept their friendship alive, Marietta was hoping that there were some new products for sale.

Smelling the smell of cigarette smoke, she gagged. How she hated the smell of it. It also seemed to be a nasty habit. She noticed the source of the smell on the ground, the embers still lighted up. She walked in the doorway, and nearly crashed into an older man. "So sorry." Marietta said, feeling extremly foolish.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 am

"It's alright" Matthew assured her. She had not hurt herself which was the main thing when he turned to look at her. "Are you alright?" he asked her. It was a good thing that she didn't fall. After all, she had just been skipping into the joke shop.

It was also a good thing he didn't have any where to go today since his quick stroll and cigarette break had been a lot longer then intended. Especially with all the distractions. There was a slight smile on his face as he stepped away from the door and out of anyone's way.
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:35 am

"Peachy." Marietta assured him absentmindedly. Studying him carefully, she came to the realization that she didn't know who he was. Being Marietta, she decided to stay and make small talk with him.

"What brings you here?" Marietta motioned to the shop. Hoping the man didn't think she was snooping, she readjusted her boots, since they almost fell off when the two collided.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Peachy.... better then any broken bones" Matthew commented. He still felt bad for the little mishap.

"I was just passing by when I saw a few interesting things on display. I thought I could check it out" he said. He brushed on the question with his usual grin in place.

"Was there a reason you were skipping here of all places Ms-" his grin vanished when he noticed that he didn't even know her name. How rude he must have looked to her.

"My apologies. I'm Professor Daniels, a new Professor at Hogwarts."
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm

"Thats true." Marietta replied, unsure of how to take the situation she was in. She rubbed he back of her neck.

"You dont say?" Marietta asked quietly. She cleared her throat. Big girl voice sweetie. She reminded herself. "Well, arnt we a pair. Thats what Im doing too." She smiled at the man, and shrugged. It was exactly what they were doing. Nothing more. If she wasnt so klutzy she wouldnt be in this situation.

Marietta looked at him, a confused expression dawning her face. Her violet eyes were a sea of worries. Am I gettin in trouble? She asked herself fretfully.

"Oh!" Marietta let out a breath of air. Pleased that she wasnt in trouble, she stood straighter. "Marietta Johnson at your service." She nodded and stuck her hand out. "Well, welcome to Hogwarts Professor Daniels." Marietta said with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:19 pm

"I figured that part" Matthew said, a hint of amusement in his voice. He wasn't too sure if it had been such a good idea to go wondering now. It was turning into an interesting situation though.

"I do hope you were not planning on using some of these items at Hogwarts. Being an older year and all, would set a bad example for the others" he commented. There, that sounded like something he should say, even if it didn't sound very stern.

"Aren't I lucky" he said and shook her hand before continuing. "Not at the school yet and I have bumped into- quite literally- the welcoming comity" he said. It may have been a bad joke but he found it funny anyway.
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:31 pm

"You must be a teacher then." Marietta commented. Her quick tounge got the better of her, she had said that without thinking. She tried to backtrack herself. "I just ment that you like to figure things out alot, thats all." Marietta said, feeling her cheeks pinken. And that is exactly why she wasnt Head Girl. She talked back more than a few times.

"No. Of course not." Marietta said sarcasticially with a wave of her hand. "I am a very good example to the youngins, thank you very much." She added defensively. "They just love me!" She replied warmly with a laugh.

"Thats my job. Welcoming anyone and everyone!" Marietta exaggerated. She did like helping people though, thats the real reason why she wanted to be a Healer. But, if the cards played right in her hands, she would love to come back and teach.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 pm

"You could say that" Matthew agreed. Already acting like an everyday teacher in the first year. It wont be long until he was wearing swayed elbow jackets and giving out detentions left, right and center. The very thought was like a nightmare.

It was obvious that he didn't believe the first part of her explanation. "How could they not with that friendly face running after them to welcome them" he chuckled.

A flash of her actually running around the first years to shake their hands appeared in his mind when she said that she welcomed anyone and everyone.

"At least there will be one familiar face in my classes. That is, if you take charms."
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:37 pm

"Youre too kind." Marietta, beaming, replied in remark. She tucked a piece of her red hair behind her hear.

"I dont remember if I signed up for Charms, to be plain." Marietta frowned. "But Ill visit!" Marietta promised. He was a new teacher, after all. And she felt like it was her responcibility to keep in touch with him. It was her last year at Hogwarts anyways.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 pm

"Thats a first. I'll be more then happy to be greeted by the welcoming comity again" Matthew said. "- In a less hazardous way of course."

He picked up a rock and examined it in his hand. It was very creative. "I can see why the Hogwarts staff have their hands full" he said. His grin was back in place, picturing the poor Professors trying to calm students after one of these pranks are set off.
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:47 pm

"You never know." Marietta reminded him. "I am what you call,a 'klutz'." She put exclamations around the word. But in reality, she was very klutzy. She had almost killed herself and people around her multiple times already.

"All because of me." Marietta admitted, chuckling. "I do have a partner in crime though!"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:55 pm

"I'll remember that for the future" Matthew told her with a chuckle. This students didn't seem so bad. Hopefully, there were a few more like her.

He stopped admiring the item in his hand and focused his gaze on her. He wouldn't think she was a trouble maker. She was so polite. "It's always the nice ones that cause the most trouble" he commented.

"And who might the partner in crime be?" he asked her. His voice was full of interest as he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:57 pm

"Good. I have been known to almost murder people." Marietta said seriously.

"A even better cover story." Marietta chastised playfully. "Just kidding. I just live a double life." She couldnt wait to see his reation to that. Marietta loved making people wonder about her.

"The one, the only, Averie Treyton!" Marietta laughed. "She is the Head Girl you see. It is rather hilarious when you think about it."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Matthew picked up on the seriousness in her statement. "Surely, your not that much of a klutz" he asked more then anything else.

A double life? "Sweet and a trouble maker.... I am having second thoughts on how easy it would be to be a Professor" he thought aloud. He did think it was going to be enjoyable. As long as he had his cigarettes. "Try not to let me catch you."

"A Head Girl is your partner in crime" he chuckled. Now that was going to confuse the younger years.
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm

"I am." Marietta smiled sadly. She hated it, but she lived with it. She was glad she could walk at least. Even if she does trip. More than the average person.

"Dont worry. If I end up in one of your classes, then you can worry." Marietta laughed at her joke. Even if it wasnt very good.

"Yes. I feel bad for the first years, they will get mixed meaning." Marietta replied, beaming about her crazy lovable friend.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Daniels
Charms Professor
Matthew Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:07 pm

"You just need to pay more attention" Matthew suggested. It wasn't the first time he had met someone clumsy and it wouldn't be the last. He had never met someone this clumsy though.

"I wouldn't worry- I would be more careful- but I wouldn't worry" he said. There was a slight chuckle as he spoke. It was a blur why he was outside now until he felt the small box in his pocket.

"Hmm" he agreed. "They wouldn't know whether to behave or use every moment they had to break rules."
Back to top Go down
Marietta Johnson
Seventh Year
Marietta Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 am

"I'll keep that in mind." Marietta chortled. It was rather funny, her taking advice from an almost stranger. But Marietta knew that he ment well.

"More careful then it is." Marietta challenged. She would get into his class now, if it was the
Say thing she would ever do. She just wanted to see his face when she walked into the classroom after holiday breaks.

"Exactly, that's the fun thing about the firsties. They don't know what to do!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping to observe   Stopping to observe Empty

Back to top Go down

Stopping to observe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Elite :: Diagon Alley :: Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes-
Jump to: