Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

As If You Had Any Doubt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerrington Malfoy
Assassin/History of Magic Professor
Kerrington Malfoy

Galleons : 100150

As If You Had Any Doubt Empty
PostSubject: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Kerrington sat in the living room of her house, her eyes fixed on the telly as one hand rested on her abnormally large belly and the other held a cupcake. A delicious chocolate cupcake that caused Kerrington to cry when she first saw it. Yes, cry. Full fledged tears that streamed down her face in joy when she saw the small and amazing cupcake. Her emotions were out of control.

Kerrington suddenly laughed at one of the jokes on the telly. Yet, almost immediately after, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach that felt like a cramp. Only, she knew that she couldn't be on her period because she was obviously pregnant. Knitting her eyebrows together, Kerrington wondered if it could be Isaac (he loved playing football in her stomach, the little brat). But, when it happened again, Kerrington began to think they were Braxton Hicks contractions. So, she moved into a more comfortable position.

Yet, they didn't go away. In fact, she began to time them and found out they happened exactly 50 seconds after the last one.

"SHIT!" Kerrington shouted, standing up.

It took her awhile to realize that her legs were wet. Looking down, Kerrington saw that her yoga pants were completely soaked. It seemed as if her water had broken.

Of course.

Waddling over to the fire place, Kerrington grabbed the Floo powder. Shouting St. Mungo's, Kerrington arrived at the front desk and was quickly in her room and changed. The staff recognized her as Rigel's wife and contacted him. She hoped he wouldn't take a long time getting here.

No, scratch that.

She hoped Rigel wouldn't hurt himself trying to get here fast.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

Galleons : 2147483647

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Another day spent reading files, bills, reviewing laws.

It was all rather tedious.

"Yes ma'am, I'll tell him right away."

Rigel looked up at his secretary. "What is it Ophelia?" he asked, cinching his eyebrows together.

"Your wife's in the hospital-"

She was interrupted by the screeching of Rigel's chair. He stood abruptly and asked, "What's wrong? Has something happened?"

"It would seem her water broke and she's going into-"

Ophelia was interrupted yet again. "Oh my god." He Apparated soon after, rushing to St. Mungo's.

Whispers of "It's the Minister!" resonated throughout the halls. "How can I help you, sir?" a young, smiling receptionist asked him.

"Where's Kerrington Malfoy?"

"In room 310 on the sixth floor."

Rigel looked at her, confused. "There's a sixth floor?"

The receptionist's smile fell a bit. "It's a new addition," she said coolly.

He shrugged and ran. Just ran. Didn't use Apparition, didn't use any magic.

He just needed to get to her. It didn't really happen the way it should have.

Because, you see, he tripped on the way.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Kerrington sat in the surprisingly comfortable bed. She felt self-conscious in the thin hospital gown, but it didn't matter because she had a heavy blanket over her. She was lying on her side, facing the door, waiting for either a Healer or Rigel to burst through the door. They had given her some pretty amazing potions that caused the contradictions not to hurt as bad, but they were still there.

Suddenly, the door opened, but a Healer walked in. And, she was surprised by the amused expression on her face. "Mrs. Malfoy, you're husband just tripped, but he should be on his way." She said, going to look at Kerrington's vitals.

Laughing, Kerrington asked if she could stand up. When the Healer said that wasn't a good idea, Kerrington frowned, "BITCH I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!" Kerrington snapped, before smiling. "Sorry, I'm just, yeah. You know."

Instead of getting mad, the Healer laughed, "I'm used to it. And, if you want, go ahead."

Standing up, Kerrington put a robe over the hospital gown and waddled out into the hall. Spotting Rigel, Kerrington smiled. "How are you doing hun?"
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:57 pm

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, OW!" Rigel cried, limping up the stairs. He had refused help from Healers, saying he had to get to his wife. He was just too stubborn and impatient to be helped, thinking it would take a while. And anyway, he'd only tripped. It wasn't as though he broke his leg.

He could even hear his screaming at a Mediwitch. He chuckled slightly, but then winced. It hurt going up stairs.

Rigel practically crawled to the door of Kerrington's room, where she stood. "I've been better, walking- Wait, why are you standing up? Get in bed. Give me time to get up and get in bed so I can finally see my kids."
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Kerrington raised her eyebrows at Rigel's figure on the ground. "I will do whatever I want to, Mr. Minister." Kerrington replied snappishly, smiling faintly at Rigel. "Do you need help? Or are you just going to crawl the whole time. Or are you just doing this to get out of watching them being born. Because, Mr., you will be forced to watch every detail. It's only fair." Kerrington said, walking back toward the bed.

Practically falling onto the bed, Kerrington smiled at Rigel dreamily. "They gave me these potions-" she paused to sigh. "I need them. Every. Single. Day." Kerrington stated with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Rigel groaned as Kerrington raised her eyebrows at him. "Yes well Mrs Malfoy, I just want to keep you...safe, I suppose. I'm not getting out of it. I'd actually like to see my children brought into this world. Every detail I can live without, though," he said with a laugh.

He composed himself after a few minutes and tried hard to get up. Or he was being overly dramatic. Probably the latter.

He walked over to his wife and laughed. "No you don't. You'll be fine, don't worry. You don't have to take them every day, you just need to get those damn kids out of you."

Rigel turned to the Mediwitch, who had watched the exchange. "When do you think that'll happen?"

"I think she'll be going into labor in a little bit."

Rigel's eyes widened. "She isn't already?"

"Oh no no no, Mr Minister. She's in the stage before it."

So, confused, he just sat in a chair by the bed, holding onto Kerrington's hand. "So, uh, good luck then."
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:05 am

Snicking at his antics, Kerrington rolled her eyes playfully. "You've been doing a good job so far at keeping me safe; not letting me over eat, or stay in the tub too long, or watch too many chick flicks in a row. While, I hated you at the moment for doing that, I appreciate it now." Kerrington stated with conviction, letting out another laugh as Rigel got up.

Kerrington groaned slightly, setting her hands on her huge stomach. "Yeah, but these potions are like amazing. You would never scowl again." Kerrington said, nodding her head rapidly. "Hmm, I can't wait to see Isaac and Aislinn." Kerrington murmured, partly to herself.

Watching as Rigel and the Mediwitch talked, Kerrington smiled at Rigel's worried expression. He seemed so confused and excited at the same time. She just wanted to kiss him.

Holding his hand, Kerrington laughed. "Good luck to you too, dad." Kerrington replied.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:37 am

"Oh stop, you're making me blush," Rigel said with an overly sweet smile and a manly coughnotmanlyatallcough giggle. "Oh, well, when have I ever meant to make you hate me?" He winked knowingly at her.

"Are you telling me that I scowl a lot?" He was half playful and half serious.Did he really scowl or frown or just have a not-so-nice expression on his face that often? "Believe me, it looks like they can't wait to see us either." He smiled at his wife. It was funny to think how far they'd come in less than a year. Oh god, he'd turned into such a sap.

"You're going to need it more, mum." Rigel lifted Kerrington's hand and kissed it softly. "Remember I love you and it is in fact not all my fault, all right?"
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 pm

"I love you too," Kerrington replied sweetly, before laughing. "Yes, I know it's not your fault." She reassured him, before wincing when she felt a sharp pain in her stomach again. Damn contractions. The children were going to pay for the pain she was going through. The minute they were able to clean, they would be cleaning the whole house. The Muggle way.

Kerrington winched again when the contraction hit again. They were getting worse and Kerrington was not happy about it. But, when she asked the Mediwitch about it, she said she was only 5 inches dilated and Kerrington had to be 10. Kerrington huffed and started a conversation with Rigel.

It had been eleven hours.

And Kerrington was pissed.

In those eleven hours, Kerrington was only 7 inches dilated. Only seven.

Those kids were going to pay.

Sighing, Kerrington laid back down on the bed after pacing the room. Almost as if she was called, the Mediwitch walked in, prepared to check to see how dilated she was. And, by the look on her face, it was a shock.

"Well, Mrs. Malfoy, you're ten inches dilated. You can start pushing."

Kerrington just about had a heart attack.

"Minister, if you could hold one of your wife's legs, that would be great." The Mediwitch said as two more came in. One of them was pushing something that Kerrington could identify, but assumed it would be where the children would be set when born. And the other came in and grabbed Kerrington's other leg; the one Rigel wasn't holding.

The Mediwitch smiled at her. "Now, every time you feel a contraction, you will push and then rest. Alright?"

Kerrington nodded, feeling the pain extremely so. Suddenly, she felt a contraction.

Pushing, Kerrington let out a cry. Holy hell that hurt. The contraction lasted about ten seconds, but it felt like an eternity. The only thought going through her head was when it would end.

"That was great Kerrington!" The Mediwitch reassured, not looking up at her.

And then it hit again.

The next few minutes were filled with Kerringotn's cries and occasional shouts about how much she hated Rigel, the Mediwitch's reassuring words, and the ticking of the clock (yes, Kerrington managed to notice that).

"Oh, Kerrington, I can see it's head! Just two or three more pushes!"

So, like she said, it was three pushes and Kerrington could hear the loud screams of a baby.

"It's the girl Kerrington!" The Medwitch said with a large smile as she passed it onto the other Medwitch. Kerrington wasn't able to see Aislinn yet, because the pain that she felt was far too horrible to describe.

It was far worse than actually giving birth to Aislinn.

Of course Isaac would be the difficult one.

So, then Kerrington started the whole process over again. The pushing, the cries and now screams, the yelling at Rigel, and the cries of Aislinn in the background. But, unlike Aislinn, Isaac was out far more quicker. The Medwitch didn't even have time to warn Kerrington. As if Kerrington needed that much warning.

Isaac was quiet when he came out, and that worried Kerrington. But, a few seconds later, you could hear his cries too. And they were far more high-pitched than Aislinn's. In the back of her head, she reminded herself to make fun of Isaac when he was older for that.

Sighing, Kerrington took a few deep breaths. Her head was pounding and she was extremely sweating. After the Mediwitch removed the placenta, Kerrington laid back onto the bed.

God, she would never do that again.

Ever.

"Mrs. Malfoy, your daughter is ready for you to see her." One of the other Mediwitches said, holding a bundle in a yellow blanket.

Kerrington instinctively reached out and took the small bundle into her arms. Smiling down at the small face that stared back at her, Kerrington felt a tear slip down her face. As much as that hurt like Hell, it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Rigel really hated seeing Kerrington in so much pain. Absolutely, positively hated it. He couldn't help the feeling of slight guilt- okay, more like immense guilt that rushed through his body. Guilt sucked.

He hadn't slept for over 24 hours. He was determined to watch his wife give birth, no matter how disgusting it was. He talked and talked to his wife, trying to keep her spirits up. He could talk to her forever.

Damn kids. Why did they have to cause her so much pain? "You'll do fine," he told her uncertainly. He was sure she'd get it right. She always did. But there was that sinking feeling, then rising, then sinking again. Realization struck him.

This was actually happening.

Kerrington was really giving birth, right this minute.

It was real.

He was going to be a dad.

And that thought nearly made him vomit. What if he was bad at parenting? What if they hated him? What if they ate all the food?

Not the food. Anything but the food!

When a Mediwitch came in, he looked at her in that "Help me I'm going to be a dad and I don't know what to do so just come over here and help" kind of way. The woman came over and looked at Kerrington's progress.

Did- did she say to start pushing?

Shit.

Rigel did as he was told and held one of Kerrington's legs. "Honestly woman, why are you smiling at a time like this?" he asked the Mediwitch desperately. He held Kerrington's hand tightly, telling her she was doing great, that she still would.

He couldn't look away as she pushed. "You're doing great Kerri! Come on! You can do this; I love you so much, just keep pushing!"

That didn't stop Kerrington from screaming at him, saying she hated him. He knew it was just the pain talking, so he didn't pay much attention. "You don't hate me! You're just saying that because you're in pain!" The Mediwitch chuckled quietly.

His eyes widened at the woman's exclamation. "Oh Merlin, the head! I can see it! That's disgusting, that is," he added under his breath.

After three pushes, he could see the baby. His baby girl. Aislinn.

Just seconds later, the umbilical cord was cut and the baby girl cleaned up. He protested for a minute but turned to his wife. "Now for Isaac."

The screaming and crying was overwhelming.

Isaac was out in just a few minutes.

Wait.

Why wasn't Isaac crying? Rigel started to panic before his son finally wailed.

His shrieks were much higher pitched than those of his sister, which Rigel was pretty confused about.

Rigel could feel tears running down his cheek, something that had never happened since he was a child. He caressed her cheek and kissed her sweaty forehead, telling her that he was so proud. Not that it mattered really, but he was. He really, really was proud of his wife. If he'd been in that position, and he prayed to whoever it was people prayed to that he didn't, he wouldn't have been able to take the pain.

He looked at the Mediwitch, who said Aislinn was ready to see them.

The woman handed a little yellow bundle to Kerrington.

Kerrington cried.

She actually cried.

Isaac was handed to him soon after. The baby boy grabbed Rigel's finger and started sucking on it. "Kerri, we definitely have a Weasley baby here. He has my Grampa Ron's appetite already," he said with a laugh. He smiled down at his son. God it felt good saying that.

His son.

His daughter.

He had kids.

Good god he had kids!

He was finally a dad.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Kerrington held Aislinn close to her, tears streaming down her face. The pain was gone. Everything bad was gone. Just love. Pure love for her family. Her wonderful, amazing, beautiful family. Dysfunctional; as if it would ever be normal. But, it was perfect. God, Kerrington was a huge mess.

Kissing Aislinn's face sweetly, she glanced up at Rigel.

He looked perfect holding Isaac.

And he was crying.

Rigel Malfoy was crying.

Kerrington was proud.

"I love you," She said to him, smiling when she saw Isaac almost eating Rigel's finger. Oh god, Kerrington was screwed. She could already tell Isaac would eat her out of house and home.

Kissing Aislinn again, Kerrington reached out. She didn't want to let go of Aislinn, but the need to hold Isaac was too much. So, Rigel and her swapped babies (they would be doing a lot of that in future) and Kerrington looked down at Isaac.

My god, Isaac looked exactly like Rigel.

He will be a heartbreaker.

"Hi Isaac. Mummy is very mad at you for the pain you put me through, but mummy loves you so much." Kerrington whispered to the baby boy with wisps of blonde hair and blue eyes (though all babies had blue yes).
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 am

Rigel watched Kerrington hold Aislinn close to her. He never knew she could be so tender and loving, but that was what a baby or two did. Isaac started to wail again and Rigel shifted the baby's position in his arms. He sincerely hoped he wouldn't drop him on his head. Who knew what Kerrington would do to him?

He smiled softly at his wife. "I love you too. You did a wonderful job."

As she reached out, he walked over. He needed to look at his daughter properly. He handed Kerrington Isaac and she handed Aislinn over to him.

Aislinn was absolutely gorgeous. Breathtaking, even. She was wrinkly and red, but that's what newborns look like. He gently stroked the girl's cheek with the slightest touch. He was in love already. After a few days, his family would be going home.

Home.

He couldn't wait.

Rigel looked into Aislinn's wide, innocent blue eyes and smiled softly at her. The corners of her mouth raised up into a large smile. She already had hair. Wispy, dark hair that looked just like her mother's.

He laughed at Kerrington's comment to Isaac. "Do you want me to put them in their bassinets? Though this experience has been disgusting and then amazing, I need some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 am

Kerrington laughed slightly as Isaac started gurgle. He was so adorable in a dumb-looking way. Yes, she had called her son dumb-looking. She had no shame. Kerrington couldn't help it that Isaac looked confused. Just like she couldn't do anything about the dangerous look in Aislinn's eyes. Maybe she was just imagining things (and she probably was), but Kerrington felt like she already knew them. And, boy, did that scare her.

Hearing Rigel's question, Kerrington nodded. She was extremely tired and sore. And, though she wanted to hold her babies all night, she knew that they had to sleep in their own bassinets. And, the Mediwitches has to keep an eye on them, since they were premature.

After Rigel put the babies in their bassinets, Kerrington turned over slowly, wincing slightly, so she faced him. "Sorry for saying those things to you."
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 am

Isaac gurgled and Rigel chuckled at him. Rigel loved the two newborns already, so much that he would do anything to protect them.

He could tell Kerrington didn't want to let them go, but they all needed sleep. It was a long day. He placed Aislinn in her little lilac bassinet.

He went over to his wife. "Come on now, hand me Isaac." After a few moments' hesitation, she relented and gave him the baby. "Thank you." He proceeded to place him into his green bassinet.

Rigel melted into a chair and used all his strength to push it near the bed. "Don't strain yourself." He smiled at Kerrington. "It's fine. I know you didn't mean it."

He felt a slight pain in his neck. "I can't wait to get home and sleep in our bed. This chair is very, very uncomfortable," he said, tired, rubbing his sore neck.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:57 am

~The Next Morning~

Kerrington woke up to the sound of one of the babies crying, which caused the other one to start crying too. And, surprisingly herself even, Kerrington smiled slightly. This would be how she would wake up most days. And, for some reason, she didn't mind. No, in fact, she was looking forward to it.

Standing up slowly, Kerrington walked over to Isaac's bassinet. Aislinn seemed to have already fallen back asleep. Kerrington already knew that even though Aislinn would be simple now, she would be the one she would have to watch out for when they were older.

Picking up Isaac, Kerrington took him back over to the bed. Kerrington that he was hungry. Everyone in the Weasley/Malfoy family was hungry. Kerrington included.

As Kerrington breast fed Isaac, she saw Rigel begin to wake up.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Rigel woke from a deep sleep to the sound of both babies crying. He sputtered and blinked rapidly, trying to keep himself awake. Was this how he was going to wake up every day?

He didn't like it much.

Kerrington would help the babies. Yep.

That's what would happen.

He watched as Kerrington walked slowly to Isaac's bassinet. He decided that Aislinn was his favorite. She was quiet.

Or was it the lack of sleep talking?

Either way, she was his favorite for now.

He closed his eyes as Kerrington looked his way, feigning sleep. He cracked an eye open as she picked Isaac up and started to breastfeed him. He looked away for a moment, slightly embarrassed.

"So does he have the appetite of my Grampa Ron or what?"
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Kerrington nodded and laughed. "Just like Ron. And, that's frightening. He might be going on the bottle a little sooner than Aislinn will." Kerrington said, smiling when Isaac made a sound of protest as if he didn't like that idea.

Looking over at Rigel after Isaac was done and back asleep, she smiled. "You know your whole family is coming over in an hour or two." She warned him.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:29 pm

And thus Isaac wailed again.

"Let's just see. Time will tell, won't it?" Rigel asked with a huge yawn, stretching his limbs. He stood up slowly, tired and hungry. "I need food."

Rigel groaned. Kerrington seemed amused.

Bitch.

Good thing he loved her to death.

"Why?" he whined. "I didn't tell any- Oh wait. It's probably in today's Prophet, huh?" He pouted. "And I think you mean our family, Kerrington." He smiled softly at her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As If You Had Any Doubt   As If You Had Any Doubt Empty

Back to top Go down

As If You Had Any Doubt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Elite :: World :: Muggle London :: St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries-
Jump to: