Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

Book Browsing

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Morgan Halsey
Fifth Year
Morgan Halsey

Galleons : 28

Book Browsing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:20 pm

She nodded at Ash's words. "I heard about it. The whole concept of The Hunger Games is twisted, but I've also heard it's a good read."

Morgan laughed. "But why not? I could draw a heart or a butterfly," she teased. "Hm. I don't want to get you into trouble... Maybe some other time." She grinned. "Yes please. I'd love to read what you've written."

Morgan "hmm"ed in response. "That's- I'm so sorry. My brother was killed by the Dark Lord himself." She looked down at the table and smiled sadly. "Things haven't really been the same since."
Back to top Go down
Ashwin Morte
Fifth Year
Ashwin Morte

Galleons : 61

PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:17 am

"A heart or a butterfly?" Ashwin asked, scrunching up his nose slightly. "I would question just what is wrong with you if I didn't know you were kidding. Are you always this silly?" Ash laughed to himself, shaking his head. "No thank you on the tattoo, but perhaps I'll let you when we're out of school. Maybe."

Ashwin played with one of the pages in the book he grabbed before nodding. "Yes. I'll show you what I've written one day. Perhaps during the next break, or even tomorrow. You never know with me really. I've been told I'm quite random." Ash winked before laughing.

He reached over and placed a hand on Morgan's hand. "I'm sorry for your terrible loss. My mother...I blame my father for it. Something in my gut just tells me that he did it, but I can't prove it. I highly doubt I ever will. But I know he is responsible, so do not worry, I completely understand." He gave her a reassuring smile.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Halsey
Fifth Year
Morgan Halsey

PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:05 am

Morgan tried not to burst into laughter as Ash scrunched up his nose. "O-or maybe, if those are too girly, I could try to draw a dragon," she said, very nearly doing so. "Maybe there really is something wrong with me, maybe there isn't. Hm, I'm going to have to think. I probably was. Not too sure though." She winked playfully. "Out of school as in...?

"Well then, I can't wait, Ash. Though I'd prefer today or tomorrow, y'know. I'm sure you are. I've been told the same thing once, believe it or not."

She was a bit shocked when Ash placed his hand on hers, but soon got over it. "I-is your mother gone too? I don't really know what to say. I couldn't ever imagine losing my mum." Morgan smiled back at him and took his hand in hers. "I hope you find closure one day. God knows you deserve it."
Back to top Go down
Ashwin Morte
Fifth Year
Ashwin Morte

PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Ashwin laughed. "Out of school as in graduated silly. Once I'm graduated, I hope to be able to get out from under my father. Go and see things, just have fun for once in my life you know? And perhaps a dragon would be fine. Maybe a skull. I am part of the Morte family after all." Ash said, shrugging.

"Well you'll have to forgive me for not having anything prepared to give to you at this current moment in time," he said, grinning. "I do remember a summary of mine, but I suppose that I'll tell you at a later date for that one. It does need to be tweaked and messed with before it is ready to join the general public."

Ash shook his head at Morgan, a grim smile set on his face. "With the Dark Lord steadily rising and my Father with him every step of the way, I will never ever find closure for what he did. And when I finally stand over my father, ready to kill him like I've always wanted, even then he will not loosen his tongue."

Ash sighed and leaned back in his chair again. Flailing his arms out, he fell backward onto the floor. Mere seconds later he was laughing at his predicament. "Well. That was lovely!"
Back to top Go down
Morgan Halsey
Fifth Year
Morgan Halsey

PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:20 am

"Oh. Fine, I guess I can live with that. Only two years to go," Morgan said with a large grin. "I understand completely. Wait... You've never had fun?" She quirked an eyebrow. "Dragon or skull, got it. I'll keep that in mind. And from what I've heard, read, all that, Morte means death, right?"

She laughed. "You're forgiven, don't worry. Oh alright. I'll be patient. Sort of." Groaning, she said, "I just really, really want to read it now. You'd better hurry up with your editing!"

She didn't know how to describe what Ash had said. Would he even try to find closure? What struck her the most was the fact that he'd always wanted to kill his father. It wouldn't bring his mother back, would it?

Her eyes widened at the sight of a flailing Ash falling back in his chair to the ground. She couldn't stop herself from laughing, however. "Yes, yes it was. You're a graceful one." When she stopped laughing, she asked, "Seriously though, are you okay? Need any help?"
Back to top Go down
Ashwin Morte
Fifth Year
Ashwin Morte

PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:28 am

Ash got up from the floor, cracking his back and rubbing his neck. He picked up the chair and righted it before flopping back in it again. He saw the librarian giving him a look, and he smiled back at the lady sheepishly. Wasn't his fault he liked to lean back in chairs. It was gravity's fault really.

"I'm fine," he said, waving off her worry. "Nothing a good night's rest won't take care of anyway. I've had worse, trust me. And yes, Morte does mean death. In some languages, Ashwin means star. So in a way, I'm the Star of Death. Isn't that lovely?"

He picked up his book and flipped through it again, pausing on a page he thought would be good. Looking back up at Morgan, he grinned. "Yes, yes. I'll hurry up with my editing. You'll most likely be getting an owl sent to your dorm with parchment upon parchment of things that you have requested. I do hope you don't mind."
Back to top Go down
Morgan Halsey
Fifth Year
Morgan Halsey

PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Morgan snickered as Ash got back up and smiled sheepishly at the librarian. "Nice going," she teased. She also looked at the librarian and tried not to snicker some more. The look she was giving Ash was priceless.

"Alright, alright." She cringed slightly. "Don't remind me. I'd like to think of it as 'the Death Star' instead of 'Star of Death.' And anyway, yes, it is lovely." She wondered if Ash had ever heard of Star Wars. Probably not, seeing how his father was such an- Well, he wasn't a nice person.

Morgan grinned. "No, I don't mind at all. I'd love to read all your work. Or maybe not all, but, well, you know. I'm excited. I want to read them as soon as possible and, and, and, oh I don't know!" She rambled a lot, didn't she? It was almost laughable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Browsing   Book Browsing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Browsing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2