Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

Introductions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Winnie Smythe
Fifth Year
Winnie Smythe

Galleons : 25

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Introductions   Introductions EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Winnie maneuvered her way through the aisles of the Library to the Music section. It hadn't been too long since her last visit, but she was hoping she could find this one book she had found and managed to lose last time. For a Ravenclaw, she was prone to losing things a lot.

Read it, more wizards I don't care about, read it, read it three times, ugh how did they even get a job, read it... The mantra was all too familiar to her, even with the enormous supply of books Hogwarts had. Especially the part about wizards. For a school that taught Muggle Studies, there seemed to be an awful lack of books dedicated to muggle artists. At least to Winnie, there was.

That was why she had originally been so upset to had lost the new book, and so eager to find it again. If there was one subject she could never learn enough about, it was muggle music. While music by wizards for wizards was okay, it was nice to listen to lyrics that didn't involve cauldrons and magic; instead, just life.

A glimmer to her left caught her eye and Winnie spun around to get a better glimpse of it. She backtracked to the book, grinning after she read the title. Perfect.

Winnie grabbed the book by the spine when a hand suddenly reached out and grabbed hers. "What in the-!"
Back to top Go down
Freya Willow
Seventh Year
Freya Willow

Galleons : 8

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:09 am

Freya Willow didn't walk with her head down, staring at her feet like most of the other library patrons seemed to, no, Freya Willow walked with head up. She wasn't afraid to be spotted in the library, everyone knew about her older siblings, about how they were all super smart, and got all O's and succeeded. Freya knew she had to study so she could be as successful.

She walked towards the music section, just wanting to read something new. She saw a Ravenclaw girl heading towards a certain section, her eyes set on a book. Of course being a Willow, she decided it would be alright to have a little fun.

She quickly and quietly went around the back of the shelving, keeping an eye on the girl through the small gap above the books, she watched as the girl reached for a book. She shoved aside the books behind it and reached out, grabbing the girl's wrist and pulling it towards her, through the shelving.
Back to top Go down
Winnie Smythe
Fifth Year
Winnie Smythe

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:49 am

"Holy fuck!" Winnie smacked straight into the shelf, the grip on her wrist tight. A few loose books fell around her and to the hard floor as she tried to regain her balance. If she lost her book because of this little twerp, there would be hell to pay. She clawed at the hand on her wrist, not wanting to go further, before she jerked her arm back as far as possible.

What was that? She was actually shaking, the nerve of that person! Didn't they know not to mess with her after what happened last year in DADA? She was absolutely fuming as she stalked out of the aisle, not focusing on anything except finding whoever thought it would be funny to grab her. Not only had she probably lost her book

So unfocused she managed to run smack dab into someone else, just her luck.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Halsey
Fifth Year
Morgan Halsey

Galleons : 28

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:51 am

Morgan didn't know why she was in the library again. She had been in there just a few days ago, hadn't she?

Oh well. It was good to read, wasn't it? She found the Music section and searched through the shelves for what seemed like an eternity. There were so many books, so little time, so many artists that she didn't really care about.

Why did she even go to the library if she couldn't focus or find anything at all?

Just as she turned around, someone ran into her. "Ow! W-what just happened?!"
Back to top Go down
Winnie Smythe
Fifth Year
Winnie Smythe

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 am

Winnie blinked up at the person, her eyes a coal black as she stares blankly at the girl who'd run into her. "What are you looking at?!" she snapped. Having random people get in her way was not on her agenda, especially not now.

Back to top Go down
Morgan Halsey
Fifth Year
Morgan Halsey

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:16 am

Morgan looked blankly back at the girl, an eyebrow quirked, her jaw slackened. She didn't expect her eyes to be, well, completely black. It frightened her, to be quite honest.

"Excuse me," she said tonelessly, "but I'm not the one who ran into somebody. You did that yourself. You have no right to be upset with me and snap at me like that."

She turned her back on the girl and looked through the books on the opposite side. Honestly, some people didn't understand common courtesy.
Back to top Go down
Winnie Smythe
Fifth Year
Winnie Smythe

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:29 am

It took Winnie a few seconds to realize what had just gone down before she regained control of her body (and eyes, which had shifted back to their normal blue.) She felt incredibly guilty now that she was in the right state of mind; she wasn't a naturally hostile person but for some reason she just lashed out at a complete stranger. She walked back to the girl and tapped her shoulder.

"I'm really sorry! I don't know what got into me, that was incredibly rude and out of character for me. I'm not usually like this, I swear. I'm terribly sorry for running into you, I'm just really stressed right now and I shouldn't have gotten upset at you for it." Winnie hoped she looked as apologetic as she was. The last thing she wanted to do was give someone a bad vibe about her. What's your name? I really am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Freya Willow
Seventh Year
Freya Willow

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:21 am

Freya crouched down, acting like she was searching for a book. Which she was. But it had been awhile now. Well... She had some options.

She could run. But that was stupid. Running made you look guilty. She could sneak around and get past, but that was no fun... or...

"Uh. Hi. I'm Freya... I just.. Are you okay? I heard a lot of noise and.." She shrugged, stepping out from her 'hiding place.' "Just wanted to see if you were okay" she said and smiled. She actually didn't expect the girl to freak out so much. She hoped she hadn't scared her too bad. That wasn't the point. She was just trying to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Halsey
Fifth Year
Morgan Halsey

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Morgan spun on her heel as she felt a tap on her shoulder. "I- what? I suppose it's alright." The girl was giving an awful lot of excuses, but she did look quite apologetic. "Please, stop apologizing, it's okay," she said with a smile. "I'm Morgan Halsey." She stuck out her hand. "What's your name?"

Another girl came out from the shelves and Morgan was taken aback slightly. "Oh, I'm fine, don't worry!" She realized something. "You're not talking to me, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Winnie Smythe
Fifth Year
Winnie Smythe

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Winnie flashed a grin at Morgan and shook her hand. "It's a pleasure. I'm Winnie Smithe. Do I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar is all."

A girl - her name was Freya, apparently - appeared from behind a bookshelf. Winnie looked at her, confused. "Wait, are you talking to me? Oh, I'm fine. No serious damage done. Though I did lose my book." She frowned, finding her book again wasn't going to be an easy task and she wasn't looking forward to it. At least she got new company, something she got less often than a new book.
Back to top Go down
Freya Willow
Seventh Year
Freya Willow

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:18 pm

"Ahh" Freya grinned "Just talking. To anyone who will listen." She bit her lip and smiled."it's nice to meet you both. I'm not the greatest at making friends..." She shrugged and sighed. "I can help you look for your book, if you want." She offered. "And I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I take things a little to far sometimes. It's genetic." She said, twirling her hair.
Back to top Go down
Winnie Smythe
Fifth Year
Winnie Smythe

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:47 pm

"Wait." Winnie paused to look Freya over twice, then paused to stare at her hands. There was something almost familiar about them. Like she'd seen them somewhere before... "That was you?!"

She took a deep breath and steadied herself before she flashed. It'd had been months since she last flashed, and now Winnie was about to just because this random girl made her lose her book? "It's fine. But I think I'll take you up on that offer to look for the book."

Winnie turned to Morgan and smiled hopefully. "Would you like to come with us? Or not, I mean you're not obligated to but it'd be nice to talk to you more."
Back to top Go down
Freya Willow
Seventh Year
Freya Willow

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

"Sorry" Freya said with a small smile. She sighed and knelt down next to the pile of books on the ground. She picked each one up, putting it back on it's proper shelf. "What was the book called?" She asked Winnie, glancing back slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Elite :: Hogwarts :: Fourth Floor :: Library-
Jump to: