Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1

Go down 
+6
Theresa Hamilton
Nathan Thomas
Stella Riddle
Alexandria Black
Violet Ryan
Rowan Coburn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowan Coburn
Healer/Medicinal Magic Professor
Rowan Coburn

Galleons : 100007

Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 Empty
PostSubject: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:47 am

[b">Classroom Description
The Medicinal Magic classroom is located on the sixth floor. With windows overlooking the grounds below, this classroom is one of the more desirable destinations in the castle. Not only is the view from the windows on the left wall spectacular, the room itself is large and accommodating of most any arrangements. Its current arrangement has the teacher’s desk at the front of the room near the wall. The wooden door is located near the back of the room. Professor Rowan Coburn has a neat arrangement of parchments, quills, and inkwells on one side of the desk. The drawers of the desk are locked with a charm stronger than Alohomora, so it’d be unwise to attempt getting into them. The front ‘chalkboard’ is charmed to levitate a few feet off the stone floor and is in front of the teacher’s desk. It is in plain view of the rest of the classroom.

The Professor has arranged the fourteen desks in the room into a semicircle facing the front board. Despite the front board being in front of the teacher’s desk, it floats slightly to the right, allowing the teacher’s desk to still be seen by students in their seats. On the wall behind the teacher’s desk is an enlarged listing of the rules of the classroom, as seen on the Medicinal Magic Agreement. There is a trash bin next to the teacher’s desk. The wall behind the students’ desks is covered by two large bookshelves. However, these bookshelves are not all filled with books. There are a variety of things ranging from potion ingredients to reference books, potions themselves to glass tanks containing a tarantula, and more. In the back are also beanbags scattered about in groups of two. There were seven groups total, meaning fourteen beanbags total. The beanbags gave off a bit of a more comforting air, as did the semicircle arrangement of the desks, creating a sense of teamwork among students.

Perhaps the thing of most interest is not very noticeable unless one was to look up at the ceiling. The ceiling itself is a mirror, but no one can see this at the moment for there is a large box covering the entirety of the ceiling above the desks, and it defied all gravity. The box seemed to be painted black, though, so nothing inside of it could be seen. That was something the students may just have to figure out on their own…

Rowan Coburn finished double checking the class list just as the bell tower rung in the distance. Time for the students to arrive, was the thought going through the professor’s mind as she stood up from her seat. She walked to the front of her desk and made the front board go back a bit so it levitated directly next to her desk. She sat atop her desk so she was in plain view of any students that entered the door in the back. She had the clipboard with the class list on her lap as she waited for students to arrive.
Class List:
She set her self-inking quill onto the parchment of the clipboard, and it stood straight even when she released it. It acted similarly to the quick-quotes quill in this manner. However, instead of writing down what others said, it would act as Professor Rowan’s attendance checker, and as each student entered the room, it would cross off that student’s name. Not only would this little trick help her learn their names, it would ensure she correctly marked the attendance. She quickly flicked her wand in the direction of the front board, and a long stream seemed to come out the end of her wand, curling themselves along the front board to form a message for incoming students.

Students will have to walk through the beanbags area in the back in order to get to the desks in the front of the classroom. No matter, though. Hopefully it would make them more comfortable in this classroom and hopefully more comfortable around the professor herself. All that was left to do was await the arrival of the students. The nineteen-year-old witch on the desk folded her hands in her lap as she waited.
On the front board, Professor Rowan Coburn wrote:
[size=18]
Please take a seat at any of the desks. The lesson will begin once the bell has chimed, signalling everyone should be in their classes. Please take out a piece of parchment and a quill. Write down your goals for this year, specifically things involving this class: anything you may wish to learn or accomplish can be included. I’ll be collecting this at the end of class.

Last edited by Rowan Coburn on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

Galleons : 7326

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:57 am

Violet walked into the Medicinal Magic classroom, and walked to the front of the room, where the desks were. Violet sat in a chair farther away rom the teachers desk, but close enough to read her instructions.

Violet took out a peice of parchment, an ink well, and a quill, and began to write.

Name: Violet Ryan.
My goals for this class are: To learn how spells can heal people, how to treat the worst diseases, how potions can recover people, and how to identify dragon bites, werewolf bites, ect.

Violet couldn think of any other goal in the class, so she looked out the window, trying to think of another goal she had. It was an amazing view, so that helped her collect her thoughts. But still, she didnt have another goal for the class.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

Galleons : 2183

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:09 am

Alex was slightly late in coming to the class, what with getting up late, getting lost trying to find the Kitchens, and then the whole library research, she was kind of late. In fact, the only reason that she hadn't been late for this class was, because she had followed Vio in here.

Trying to keep attention from herself, she crossed the bean bag area, tripping and falling upon one, she quickly cam and sat at the back of the class, straining to see the instructions. Bad decision.

Finally being able to make out the words, she took out a piece of paper and began writing.

Name: Alexandria Black
Goal: To be able to heal myself when I fall, and to be able to become a Healer in the future, but only if it pays.
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:14 am

Violet sighed, any finally put down: I want to be a Healer when I get out of Hogwarts. Anything you teach me will help. Satasfied with the task she has completed, Violet looked over her paper again.
Back to top Go down
Stella Riddle
First Year
Stella Riddle

Galleons : 2217

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 am

Stella walked into the class, pulling down the sleeve of her robe to conceal Mortis who had, once again, managed to escape from his cage and follow Stella to her class. She barely had time to hide Mortis before entering class. She hope that no one could see him under her robe. She would have a lot of questions to answer. Not fun.

Spotting Violet at one of the desk, Stella made her way over, waving at Alex briefly, before sitting down next to the older Hufflepuff. Smiling at her friend slightly, Stella took out a piece of parchment and quil and began to write.

Name: Stella Riddle
Goals: One of my goals in life is to know everything. That means, I want to learn how to heal someone. How to make potions that can cure a disease. I want to learn how to help people. I want to know everything you can teach me.

Stella smirked at her handwriting and what she wrote. She set it on the corner of her desk and looked at Violet with a worried expression. Lifting up her sleeve slightly, she was sure Violet would be able to sneak a glimpse of Mortis' red skin. Stella pulled her sleeve back down, focusing on the teacher.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

Galleons : 4276

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:09 am

Nathan made his way into the classroom and glanced around. It was clear that a lot of students had already arrived and finished the small task on the board. He recognized the students that were already there yet he sat away from them.

He didn't want to get distracted in this class like he had been in previous lessons.
He sat down at an empty desk and took out what he needed then proceeded to write.

Name: Nathan Thomas
Goal for this class: To learn the most I can about heal someone which may come in handy if I become an Auror when I am older.

Sitting back, he took one quick scan of the room again.

Last edited by Nathan Thomas on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:53 am

Out of the corner of her eye, Violet saw Stella come and sit by her. Violet also saw Stella get a worried expression on her face, and showed Violet her snake, Mortis. Violet finally turned to her, eyebrows raised, and went back to her paper.
Back to top Go down
Theresa Hamilton
First Year
Theresa Hamilton

Galleons : 2020

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Theresa ran up to the Medicinal classroom in hopes that she wasn't going to be late. The last thing she wanted was to be late for her first ever lesson. She had went down the wrong corridor AGAIN before she stopped outside the classroom.

Taking a deep breath, she walked calmly into the room, flashing Nathan a small smile when she saw him. Taking a seat, she looked at the board and read.

She took out some parchment, a quil and ink out of her bag and put them down in front of her.

Name:Theresa Hamilton
Goal: Learning the different methods of healing and how to use these methods if needed in future.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

Galleons : 4276

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Nathan was consumed in his thoughts of this lesson when he had seen someone come into the lesson. A student of course.
The little Hufflepuff... he thought to himself and smiled back at her. The last time he had seen her previously was up at the tower. He gave her a small thumbs up and went back to examining what he had written.
Back to top Go down
Eden Byrne
Fourth Year
Eden Byrne

Galleons : 3062

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Eden calmly walked into the Medicinal Magic classroom, unlike some others who were rushing in. She sat down at a desk and pulled a piece of parchment and a quill from her bag before looking at the board. First assignment of the year. This would be...not interesting, but something else. It was just an assignment.

Name: Eden Byrne
What I Want to Accomplish: I'd like to know what kinds of potions and potion ingredients help people. I'd also like to know how to help someone if they're injured, because I think it would actually help with the career I want to have, even if it's not a Healer.

Eden rolled her shoulders and relaxed, a content smile upon her face because of the feeling of accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Stonewell
First Year
Andrew Stonewell

Galleons : 2075

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Andrew was late, and he did not like it. Silently resolving to never be late again, it was slightly embarrassing watching all the heads rivet towards him as he walked in. Feeling relieved that there were many other's late, he flashed an apologetic look to the Professor, muttering an apology as he sat down and began the assignment.

Name: Andrew Stonewell
Goal: Trying to keep my career options open, thought I am inclined towards an Auror job.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Smith
Healer
Brandon Smith

Galleons : 37

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Brandon knew that he was very late. He totally forgot his way to the class room, and he didnt like it at all.

Brandon walked in as quietly as possible, mumbled an apology to the teacher, and sat down by a first year. He read the board, and pulled out a peice of parchment to begin the assignment.

Name: Brandon Smith
Goal: I would like to be an Auror, but Im keeping my options open.

Back to top Go down
Sydni Branson
Sixth Year
Sydni Branson

Galleons : 48

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Sydni walked into the classroom, her note in her hand. She gave it to the teacher and sat down beside a hufflepuff first year. She smiled, remembering how frightened the girl looked during the sorting. She pulled out her parchment and quill, and attempted to start the assignment.

Name: Sydni Branson.
Goal: Id like to be a Healer, or do something important in the Ministry.

Sydni lazily finished her goals, then realized that maybe she would be more destined to play Quiddich when she got out of school. She didnt write that down, as much as she wouldve liked to. She sighed, rereading her sad assignment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1   Medicinal Magic ~ Lesson 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1