Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

Brain-freeze Pageant!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

Galleons : 2183

Brain-freeze Pageant! Empty
PostSubject: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:28 am

Alex smiled in apprehension, looking slightly psychologically messed, her eyes level with the table top. There, the object of her excitement and later, pain, but still awesomeness was lined up in a row like shots. She had gotten two rows in fact, one for her competition, whoever decided to become it.

Now Flourean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor does not usually sell ice cream slushies, in fact it doesn't at all. But as Alex has come to realize, snitch has more uses, one of them, being helping her blackmail the owner into making the specially ordered ice cream shakes, whose glasses were half filled with ice. Or else she would set Snitch on his shop. Obviously, the guy wasn't very good with rights and all, he could have figured out that he could sue her, but that's beside the point.

Sighing, Alex leaned down to Snitch's level, "Will you have a brain freeze contest with me?"

She really was desperate.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

Galleons : 4276

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Nathan made his way into the ice cream parlour.He had been walking around Diagon Alley for what felt like hours simply because he had forgotten what he needed to buy in the first place. Taking a small break he walked over to get some ice cream.
That was when he saw the brunette talking with her dog. He had seen this girl for only a second in the Leaky Cauldron and felt rude that he had to leave so suddenly upon her arrival. Alex he thought Violet call her.
"Hello" he smiled as he walked over to the girl. "I'm not sure if you even remember but I'm sorry if I seemed rude when you joined Violet, Stella and I during lunch" he apologized.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:27 pm

"yeah you leaved minutes after and if I remember correctly, didn't acknowledge me at any time." Alex answered as she shrugged, setting Snitch back down. "By the way, I am Alex. I would have liked to take credit for the reason you left so quickly, I really hope I creeped you, I have to maintain a record! But i think, you had some other reason."

Handing out a glass of the ice cream slushie to the boy, she asked, "Want to compete in a brain freeze contest? And I don't know your name so, you might want to clear up that."

Alex was blunt, if there in her heart or head, it was coming out, she never could stop, and she never bothered to stop.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:39 pm

"I'm sorry to disappoint you then as I had to get my books in a hurry" Nathan said with an air of amusement. He looked at the glass and found it strange that he had never heard of this place making slushies before. Either way, he took the glass and gave the girl a nod.

"Sure and my name is Nathan" he said, quick to remedy the fact she did not know his name. He really should have been focused on what it was he needed to purchase but this looked more fun.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:44 pm

'Well technically, you didn't disappoint, because I expected nothing of you." Alex answered, holding up her slushie. 'But wait.......we should set the rules."

Straightening up, Alex adopted an official air, that seemed creepy on her, and continued. "First, we take the glasses, and then there is no pause. We will continue to drink the slushies, as many as we can, in the shortest time possible. Then, after recovering from a severe brain freeze, we would see who has more slushie left, and who took the longer time to get brain freezed." She said, motioning to the six cups lined in a row.

"Do you want to add something?"
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Nathan listened to the rules Alex was giving. She really did like being creepy unless she was doing it by accident. He thought of any other rules that could have been added when she had finish yet his mind came up blank.

"I think those rules are enough" he said and looked down at the slushy. He usually got brain freeze quickly but that wasnt going to stop him. Especially if it was a challenge. He looked back to the girl with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 pm

"If you say so." Alex replied as she shot a challenging look to Nathan, she was going to win this! She was going to! Her previous record, was two and half slushie, but she was willing to push it.

"One second." She said, a thought suddenly occurring to her, dropping to Snitch's level, she threatened him, "Stay out of my way, or I will starve you to death!"

"I am good!" She said brightly, getting back up on the table. "Bring it!" She said, holding up her first glass and starting to drink, real fast.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Nathan looked down at what Alex was doing and saw the dog. Dogs are one of the worst animals.... he thought to himself with a sigh. He wouldn't le this little fact bother him though as he brought the cold glass to his lips.

The moment he had seen Alex drinking, he had begun to. He felt his throat freeze up yet he wasn't going to give up so easily. He was thankful that it was so cold as this was what made him drink faster.
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

Galleons : 7326

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Violet walked into the ice cream parlour with her five year old sister, Annabelle. Violet had promised her that if her was good while Violet was getting her mothers shopping done, Annabelle can get some ice cream. Making good to her promise, Violet took Annabelle there.

As Violet was getting the ice cream, she turned around and Annabelle wasnt there. "Oh shit..." Violet muttered, and then heard the little girl scream something about a dog. Violet ran to see where she was in the busy crowd.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:05 pm

These first few drops in and Alex shuddered slightly from the change in temperature. These were the moments she loved best, the cold taste, just settling into her tongue. After a while, her mouth was gonna start getting numb, but until then, she was going to enjoy the flavor and the temperature.

She three-fourth glass down, smirking as she drank without a pause, she mentally danced about happily, the cold and the competition exhilarating her.

Suddenly, she heard someone scream, opening her eye, she tried to nudge Snitch away from the five year old, using her feet. She wasn't going to give up. Stupid Snitch!
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:08 pm

"Im so sorry!!" Violet screamed at the owner of the dog. Then, she reconized the girl. "Alex, Im so sorry." Violet said again. "My sister loves dogs." Violet rolled her eyes, and went to pick Annebelle up, away from the dog. Annabelle saw her ice cream, and sat down on the floor to enjoy it. Shes a pain.... Violet thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Nathan was picking up the third shot of slushy when he saw a little girl with Alex's dog. He rose a brow in question and turned around to see Violet. He was feeling a sudden pain in the back of his mind from the cold yet he wasnt going to get distracted from winning after seeing the expression on the younger girl's face.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Alex nodded to show Vio that she accepted the apology. Alex was now on her second cup. Well technically, she had finished a little more than half of it, and her brain seemed to be co operating till now. She just hoped it continued to do so, it would suck to lose!
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Violet raised an eyebrow at Alex, then turned around and reconized Nathan. She sat down at one of the empty chairs, and watched whatever the two of them were doing with very little interest. She kept a closer eye on Annabelle, who had ice cream all over her face. Violet sighed.

Last edited by Violet Ryan on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Nathan continued to drink the slushy as fast as he could take. The pain in the back of his head was spreading rather quickly and he winced. He was nearly finished with this glass and wondered just how much longer this girl would last.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Two and a half! Alex milestoned in her head eagerly, trying to ignore Snitch who had decided that licking her leg was much more interesting than playing with a five year old. nudging him back again, Alex triumphantly put down her third glass, beginning her fourth one. Wincing slightly as she felt a slight spasm.
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Violet was wiping of all the ice cream off of Annabelles face, with no luck. Once Annabelle reconized all the ice cream was off her face, she applied more on. Violet sighed, reconizing a lost battle. At least shes enjoying herself. Violet thought, trying to be positive.

Last edited by Violet Ryan on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Nathan picked up his third glass and brought it up to his lips. He thought that they might permanently be blue after this. he scanned over the glasses on the table. Alex had already started her third. He winced, any longer and he will lose.

He watched Violet and the little girl out of the corner of his eye with amusement.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Alex was so close, she was on her fourth glass and her head was really starting to hurt, but at that very moment, she felt a spurt of annoyance at Snitch, who just wouldn't stop licking her! Glaring at him under the table, she rolled her eyes as he rolled on his belly.

Four and a half, but the pain was intense........she would continue till the last thing though.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Nathan had closed his eyes by the time he was half way through the glass. He was certain that he was not going to enjoy anything cold for a long time after this. His mind was shouting at him to stop yet he continued.
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Violet didnt interupt the two of them, but was rather curious to find out what they were doing. It looked like both of them were in pain. Violet played with the ends of her hair, and thought about everything that had happened this past week, waiting for them to be done.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Wincing, her thorax feeling as if it wasn't there, she put her fifth glass down. Everything inside her was telling her to quit it, but Alex was no quitter, she was going to fight, with her body, her brain, everyone else, just to see how far she could go.

Her brain getting enveloped in an increasin pain, she started on her last glass, with less enthusiasm, but still, she did it. Triumph mingling with pain.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Nathan put down the empty glass with relief that was gone moments later as he picked up his fifth glass. His eyes were closed tightly as he reluctantly drunk the icy content of the glass.

He couldn't take much more. Glad to be so close he drank this slushy as fast as he could in his state of pain.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Black
First Year
Alexandria Black

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Alex eyes were squeezed tight, her brain just this huge blob of pain. Wincing as she moved up a little to put her last glass back, she leaned back, giving her head the support of the chair. "I win!' She choked out, resting in relief that she had one it. Broken her record and won this thing!
Back to top Go down
Violet Ryan
Fifth Year
Violet Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 pm

"Do you mind telling me what you were doing?" Violet asked Alex, wrinkling her nose. "It seemed painful." Violet added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brain-freeze Pageant!   Brain-freeze Pageant! Empty

Back to top Go down

Brain-freeze Pageant!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Elite :: Archives-
Jump to: